Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 + extol + 100 macro
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 16:10:25 -0700

William Gower wrote:

> On Sunday, May 19, 2002, at 02:59  PM, Ted Grant wrote:
>
> > When Tmax 400 and it's attendant developer came on the market I switched
> > from Tri-x and Dektol 1:1 and after listening to Mark Rabiner and Tom
> > Abrahamsson I started to re-use Tri-X with EXTOL although Tom tried to
> > convince me I should use Dektol. ;-)
>
> Dektol ? Dektol is pretty close to D-76 with respect to Metol, it has
> about half the sulphite but has about 75-80 grams of Carbonate.

Ted would have meant D76 when he said Dektol.
What Dektol is for paper: D76 is for film.
Both standards.

I've heard though people actually running their 4x5 film in Dektol for
say 2 minutes as an instant film developer in the 40's during WWII.
I can't see that working so well in roll film.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org> ([Leica] Re: Neopan 1600 + extol + 100 macro)