Subject: Re: [Leica] what should I expect with Xtol
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 22:15:13 -0400

- --On Thursday, May 16, 2002 3:26 PM -0400 olivier nguyen
<oliviertnguyen@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I see a lot of LUGgers in here use XTOL.  I want to try it too.  Film i
> use is agfa 100 and tmax 100.  can some one tell me or point to me waht
> should I expect to see?  what should i do with xtol dilute?  how can i
> find out what dilute level i use ? thank you in advance
> Olivier Nguyen.
>
> this is going to be fun

This has become a controversial topic on the LUG, so I direct you to the
archives rather than rehashing the argument.

To summarize: Kodak no longer recommends any dilutions greater than 1:1. If
you use a Jobo, you should be aware of the Kodak and Jobo recommendation to
respect the 100ml stock per roll requirement when diluting.

Mark Rabiner will tell you that both of the above are heresy.

As always, YMMV.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com