Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:40:33 -0400

On Monday, May 20, 2002, at 03:20  PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> That's great if he wants slides - and wants to haul out the projector
> and
> the popcorn everytime he wants to show anyone the photos from his
> trip...otherwise, he will need prints if he shoots Provia as you
> do...and
> what will those prints cost him? Probably more than $.60 a piece.;-)
> Of course he could also set up a website, download his digital images,
> and
> have an album up for all his friends for free...
>
> The bottom line is no one is conning anyone. Some people want to shoot
> film,
> some want to shoot digital. There are advantages and draw backs to
> both....

I agree, he wasn't conned, he was dumb. Of course assuming that he's got
a computer, He could buy an inkjet printer and have prints for, well,
maybe about $0.60 apiece :)

Gilbert (Hey what IS the price of that fancy Photo-Rag?)

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Leica and digital photography)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography)