Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:45:52 -0400

> >That's not making for a very fair comparison.  Then why not assume that I
> >have a film processor and process the film my self...for merely
> the cost of
> >chemicals...or that daddy (or mommy) is a chief scientist at Kodak ;-)
> >

> Well you're on this list so that's an indication that you most
> likely have a
> computer.
>
> Geesh - I mean build up straw-men why don't you.
>
> Adam

Hi Adam,

The computer requirements for digital imaging are FAR different than they
are for sending and receiving email.  If you plan on doing digital imaging,
you more or less want to get PhotoShop (a multi-hundred dollar or so program
in and of it self) or something of that ilk, you need a reasonably fast
computer, with a decent amount of memory and disk space.  To store you
digital images you need a CD burner (or other suitable storage device).
Again, vastly different requirements than for email.

Nothing straw about it!

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography)