Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and digital photography
From: kiklaas@iinet.net.au
Date: 21 May 2002 04:15:06 -0000

> John Collier writes:
>
> | Ummm,
> |
> | Have you ever argued with Austin? :-)

No John, I have not.  But his postings do not attemtp to increase his
stature by reducing the stature of others - so I would not have an
aversion to disagreeing with him if there was something to disagree about.

What grinds on me are those that do not have respect for other's opinions,
whether they agree with them or not - something that is uncalled for.

Success can be quantified in many ways - by my standards it is not how
well read your are, how politically connected you are, what awards you
have won etc.....that does not make you a successful human - I would think
treating mankind with dignity would count for so much more.

I enjoy LUG a lot, it is just an awful pity when some elevate themselves
to godlike position of authority at the expense of others' dignity.
(It is these moments I come close to "unsubscribing")

Karina