Subject: [Leica] Re: OT Photoshop 7.0
From: "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:49:24 +1000

> On Monday, May 20, 2002, at 11:42 PM, Brian Reid wrote:
>> The upgrade from 5.5 to 6 was really valuable to me. The upgrade from 6
>> to 7 is useful but not as valuable as the upgrade from 5.5 to 6.

You would hope that an upgrade from a series 5 to 7 would be substantial.
The upgrades (at least here in Australia)cost a fortune for lightweight
users like me. Photoshop is such a fantastic piece of software however that
even the original software offers more features than I'm ever likely to use.
The problem is that the world changes, systems update and others use more
advanced versions, eventually the minor problems almost force you to
upgrade. Sometimes you cannot open files, or your software won't work on the
new system. This is certainly true for Gatesware. I'm holding off at 5.5,
but suddenly some of the formats being sent in for FOM won't open with drag
and drop. NOt a disaster, but a pain.

Hold out for as long as you can -- upgrade when you need to, or are forced
to. GET your value from 5.5 ;-)

This from someone still trying to use a Newton.

Cheers
Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

http://www.afirkin.com
http://www.familyofman2.com