Subject: [Leica] RE: Re: Leica and digital photography
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:04:56 -0700

At 09:38 AM 5/21/2002 -0400, Austin Franklin wrote:

>High voltage???  I can't imagine what inside a digicam could require "high
>voltage"...it is more likely all low voltage/low current DC.  Now, the
>batteries can be an issue if you short them out...but that's different than
>"high voltage electrical shock".  Talk about scare tactics!
>
>Austin

Austin,

The flash circuit. Hundreds of volts to the flash tube. A switcher and
voltage pump, pump up a high voltage capacitor (the recycle time.) Put your
finger across the capacitor leads and you will definitely know it!!! Been
there, done that, got the tee shirt! Unfortunately, too many times.

Jim