Subject: Re: R: [Leica] need quick answer on film with xtol :)
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:16:05 -0800

>I too had some bad experiences using XTOL, it happned, according to my
>opinion, when using a not properly stocked developer pound; Vitamine C is
>prone to oxidation.
>When you stirred the solution did you find an extra fine powder or a full of
>lumps one?
>In the second case XTOL doesn't work.

Actually, it does.

I got this last time I mixed up a liter of Xtol - lumps in what should have
been powder (though I honestly don't know if it was due to oxidation or
not).

I went ahead and used it anyway and it worked fine. I'm just finishing that
batch and will soon mix up another, lumps or not.

Guy