Subject: Re: [Leica] Are screw Leicas usable?
From: alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 18:26:24 -0700

David,

Cutting down 8x10, to make 4x10's .....

Have  you tried a mat box with a 1/2 black out mask, and just shoot 2 on a
8x10 neg.

In the smaller formats this is a nice double exposure special effect,  and I
don't see why you could not do it with large format for your panoramas.  (
but there is a warning not to do double exposures with M Leicas .)  ( I'm
not sure about screw mts. )but there are some ways to work around this, but
not for casual use.

Hmm,  I think I'll just take my 35mm Leica wide angle 8x10 enlargements and
cut them in half on a paper cutter to make my panoramas.  I don't have a
scanner yet, and stopped darkroom work years ago due to my bad technique.

Alex

Message from "Nash Computer Technology" <nashcom@btinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Are screw Leicas usable?)