Subject: Re: [Leica] Some new photos...Thanks
From: Jon Gresham <jongresh@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:48:43 +0100 (BST)

Thanks Neil & Michael for your comments!!!

I agree with your comments, Michael, re the kicked
ball being overwhelmed by the background. A trap I
fall into in a 'target rich environment' like Bangkok
where everything is so interesting & different that I
want to keep it all in & end up losing simplicity.

I must confess I rotated the picture 5 degrees in
photoshop to straighten the composition a little (due
to my tin leg)... Er ... Is this considered cheating?

The two kids are actually sitting in the entranceway
to a Chinese hospital. He is wearing roller blades
(captured in another shot).

The 'one eyed sweeper' is kind of eery, Neil, and he's
giving me an intense look. Probably because I didn't
get his permission ... but I did ask him in my
kindergarten Thai if he liked Manchester Utd.

He's an Arsenal fan.

Cheers
Jon
- ---------------------------
"Neil wrote:

 I really like the train picture.  The position of the
sweeper with the
end
of the train behind him makes the shot. I think you
could have gone in
little tighter and cut out some of the space to the
right but that's
being
really picky."

Jon,