Subject: [Leica] Jonathan's paw 19 and 20
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:02:46 -0500

Jonathan,
    What a group of stunning photographs!  You display such range
here as well--even though human subjects generally occupy the
role of the main subject, with the exception of the ox photo,
they are all very different shots.  Week 19's main is my
favorite.  The gentle light provided by the candle in the center
of the table provides soft illumination perfect for a portrait.
I love the way that the child fades into the surrounding
darkness.  The dripping ox in Week 20 illustrates the pure labor
this animal provides.  The child in the first alternate has a
beautiful expression, and the window sill is the perfect location
for a photograph illustrating a person watching, waiting, killing
time.  Finally, the textures in the final photo--the water, the
woven basket (at least I think it's a basket...), and the man's
skin, wrinkled by exposure to the elements--is a great study in
contrasts.  I hope you are sending some of these on to FOM2.  It
seems to me that they would be great additions to the photos in
that collection.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net