Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIG
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 12:51:39 -0600

Hi Bob,

I have looked at the earlier LTM cameras and always thought, "Neat toy
but what is it good for?" I started with M cameras and it is very hard
to warm to the small squinty range/viewfinder of the LTM cameras after
the wide open spaces of the M. I like to photograph with my cameras and
they soon stop looking like jewelry in my hands. I am not rough or
anything but the neck strap marks the body and the black chrome goes
muddy and the silver chrome shiny; all the usual "wear" things.

I always held out hope for the IIIg. I mean everyone says the finder is
great and "so big". About a month ago, someone handed me a IIIg and with
breathless expectation, I held it up to my eye...

Like I said, for photography, get an M camera. Collecting? That is a
whole other whatever.

John Collier