Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop cursor colour?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 17:47:15 -0400

At 02:09 PM 5/23/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Anyone know if there is a way to change the Photoshop cursor colours? i.e.
>the round brush cursor or the target cursor and so on.
>
>It comes in a lovely default grey, which disappears in many B&W photos...!
>
>tim a

Tim -

This is a frequently asked question on the Adobe Forum.  Here is the only
answer that anybody has come up with:

 >You can hold down the Ctrl key to find the cursor occasionally, but the
"cursor hiding in gray" problem has been defined as a Microsoft problem and
it's not fixable. There are ways around >it though.
 >Like above, you can hold down the ctrl key. You can also reduce the layer
opacity. You can use Adjustment layer levels (that can be disabled and
removed). And, I'm sure there are other >tricks I haven't mentioned.
 >Personally, I just use another color and turn it to gray when I'm done.

I guess he means that he changes the whole photo a different color, but
that would mean converting to RGB from grayscale.  Surely there is an
easier answer to this.  Supposedly there is a program called DirectCursors
which allows you to change the contrast of the cursor but not the
color.  The program is supposed to be Mac only, but I can't find it with a
search on the internet.

If you find a solution, let me know.  It is very annoying.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: