Subject: Re: [Leica] Sywell additions
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 23:07:03 +0100

From: "Mark Cohen" <markc@binaryfaith.com>
To: "LUG" <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 23 May 2002 21:53

> Graham,
>
> Your shots are really improving! Its trully wonderful to see such
> improvement.
>
> By the way, http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_01.html is a bad link I
> think.. The thumbnail is gorgeous and when I click on it, its ummm
> different. ;)
>
> -Mark
>
> On Tue, 21 May 2002, geebeespaw wrote:
>
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell.html

        Whoa! Flashback!  I was out driving Sunday and saw a guy on one of
those old butchers bikes with the big carrier on the front. Sat in the
carrier was his dog so thinking it might make a decent pic I pulled over at
the first opportunity and waited for him to come into view. As he passed I
snapped him and was about to get back into the car when a woman, the one who
colonised the Sywell frame, starts shouting at me "Did you just take a photo
of my dog?" She was really agitated and I couldn't understand why. I'm
thinking, no I didn't photograph your dog but what if I did? Turns out her
dog was in the background doing what dogs do when exercised and she thought
I was the poop and scoop police gathering photographic evidence. I mean
really.
        I toyed with the idea of going along with her accusation and telling
her that I preferred using Leica glass to better render the detail in dog
crap but she was so livid I thought it unwise. I posted the pic with a
cut-out of the woman for the guys on IRC and must have given her pic the
same filename as the Sywell pic and that's how she showed up and gave me a
fright on the bad link, no pun intended :-)
            For any doubters out there who don't believe this she can be
seen, pre-ignition, on the far left of the pic with her dog extreme right,
just before she noticed what her dog was up to:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/previews.html

Thank you for the kind words Marc. Catch you later on IRC.

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com