Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: GT40
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:45:12 -0700

On 5/24/02 Roy Feldman  wrote:

>Took the GT40 out yesterday (Ford not withstanding). Very cool car, pics
>to follow ( this weekend).
>Roy Feldman
>Ford Photographic
>rfeldma1@ford.com

Okay - this is MAJOR drool factor. I was in my impressionable teens when the
GT40 came out. I made models, I collected pictures. I remember the Car and
Driver headling: Goes 100 mph in reverse and twice that in the right direction.
It's gorgeous profile. The original blue on white paint and then the fabulous
rich blue. Geesh - talk about major car-lust. Whew. I had clippings of every
photograph I could find of that puppy. Even tried to get a copy of the ABC
Sports film: "Phil Hill - Assult on LeMans" but couldn't.

I even got to sit in the (rare) open version of the car when it raced at the old
Candlestick Races in San Francisco. That was in 1965 I think 'cause I was
looking at colleges on the west coast. I took pictures of it with my Minolta SLR
that I bought at Brooks Camera. I've looked everywhere for those and can't find
them. Sigh.

There hasn't been a mid-engine sports car whose form is more pleasing to me that
the GT40. Will I trade in my 540i? Nope - but I can still drool.

Definately will be interested in seeing the photos.

Adam Bridge