Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NOW...M6 piece of cake.
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 16:18:47 -0400

Thanks to Steve, Ted, Tom, and Guy for advice.  I will certainly try it.
What sounds trivial here is not so trivial in a darkened auditorium, trying
to change film quickly and quietly so as not to disturb others and to get on
with picture taking.

I tried loading at an angle, but the curve still hung under the edge of the
shutter gate.  Guy, I agree that lining up the holes with the sprockets
makes sense, but when that reverse curved film catches, then it prevents the
nice line-up.

And Steve, do I understand correctly that you suggest tapping on the reverse
curve where it is caught under the shutter gate, so it might sort of
"bounce" upwards after the tap?  Haven't tried that yet.

Thanks to all for your helpfulness.

Stubby-fingered Julian