Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 22 PAW posted
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:01:09 -0700

Bill Clough wrote:

> Oh, dear--Someone on the LUG told me not to save the
> pictures any larger than 700 pixels on the long side.
>
> I suppose it also may be Photo.net--which I am using as a
> temporary measure until I learn how to construct my own
> website.
>
> --Bill

In my opinion it would be so nice to be able to think we are seeing the
differences between Nikon glass and Leitz glass. ...Tri X and Agfapan 25.
With such small images when one says "what do you think about this
picture?" all we can really comment on is the expression on their face.

There is Zero sense of the quality of the image on the neg.

This is why i vote for the option of larger scans. It certainly makes
sense in the context of the Leica Users Group. Here we are a bunch of
people interested in producing images which are a cut above the rest.

Lets see them!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com