Subject: Re: [Leica] 1 more picture for critique
From: "olivier nguyen" <oliviertnguyen@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:26:11 -0400

Hi Mark,
thank you for first comment.
I did not print it yet.  I only scan it directly from my scanner.

I think my negative is overdevelopt.  it look dense like that. with Xtol 1:3
12mins15sec.

If it overdevelopt, I think i can print it with lower filter.
but i am not sure. :(((

I try to make contact print tonight for 2 rolls of my neopan 1600 with xtol
1:3 and see what is going on.

thanks again
Olivier

>From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
>To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>Subject: Re: [Leica] 1 more picture for critique
>Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:18:30 -0700
>
>olivier nguyen wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > here is my new pictures that I just developt with xtol 1:1
> > http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=785918
> >
> > any suggest and comment are well appreciated
> > thank you
> > Olivier
> > No Archive
> >

>Looks like it is being printed on grade 4 when it really needs grade 2
>Olivier! But did you print them at all?
>
>If not then you are just scanning with a whole lot of contrast I guess.
>
>It feels like a neg which has gotten a bit too much development. But it
>could easily be the scanning overcompensating for a thin neg.
>

>This whole scanning business is a mixed bag in terms of us leaning to be
>better photographers with the help of our friends!
>

>Mark Rabiner
>Portland, Oregon USA
>http://www.markrabiner.com
>--