Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: [Fwd: scanner]
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:09:52 -0400

Jim,

Much to my surprise, you're absolutely wrong!  If you are talking negative
film, there is not one commercial film scanner that can not get every last
ounce of detail out of the negative.  If you are talking slide film, then
any newer decent scanner can get it.

I'll bet anyone here $1000 that they can't give me a negative (normal film
that is) I can't scan with my Leafscan 45 and get as much or more out of it
than they can with chemical printing.  Just have your money ready ;-)

Fact is, I have taken quite a few people's film and scanned it for them and
given them FAR better tonal range and tonality using my scanner and Piezo
printing than they were ever able to get in the darkroom.  And these were
very experienced people in the darkroom.

Regards,

Austin