Subject: Re: [Leica] Question Re: Batteries
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 20:41:08 -0700

> I just bought a new M6 (non TTL).  Before I put on the batteries, the
manual
> said I have a choice between a) two 1.55 volt silver oxide button cells or
by
> one 3-volt lithium cell.  My question is:  Is there a preference of one
over
> the other?

Both are good. Silver has the edge in total energy content. Lithium has a
longer shelf live and slightly better cold temperature characteristics.
Alcaline cells are made in the same sizve as the 1.5V silver ones and could
theoretically be made in a 3V (2 cell version- but I've never seen these).
Alkalines are definately inferior to the other 2 types, but will work if
nothing else is available.