Subject: Re: [Leica] Austin, please follow up on scanning
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 00:21:09 -0500

Don,
    Let me second Austin's recommendation--the Epson 2450 has improved my scans
enormously.  I don't know how much hard drive space you have, but I just
scanned a color negative at 2400 dpi, and ended up with a 757 mb file.  Color
accuracy is fantastic and the resolution of fine details is incredible.  I just
have to keep stepping down the resolution to the point that my hard drive and
RAM can actually handle the work at a reasonable speed!  You can find it at a
price that doesn't break the bank, too--around $350.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net