Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica, medium format, and good enough
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 10:39:41 -0500

on 5/31/02 8:26 PM, Don Dory at dorysrus@mindspring.com wrote:

> There has been a recent thread about Leica quality and medium format at
> sizes to 11X14.  Its not that medium format doesn't have the potential for
> finer detail than Leica, it's how much trouble you have to go to make a
> difference and whether it's worth the effort for the project at hand.

I really don't get this statement.. You think that medium format lenses have
the potential of giving you finer detail than a 35mm camera lenses??? It's
more about the size of the neg than the MTF specs of the lenses... And I
didn't know shooting with a camera other than a Leica format is such trouble
and effort.

- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL