Subject: Re: [Leica] Not having contributed in a while
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 16:27:45 -0500

B.D.,

Nice "day in the life" series. How difficult is it to make yourself
transparent in these assignments? Do you slip around without talking much,
or is there interaction with the subjects (as in "hold it! keep doing what
you're doing" etc.)? When I was doing some candid stuff of grooms and their
ushers, etc. getting ready for a wedding, I kept my mouth shut and just
sort of puttered around with a 105/2.5 Nikkor. Even this, some of the guys
would tell me to get lost (a tad hung over from the night before).

You seem to be using several different lenses. What did you use for the
first portrait of the child whose eye is in razor sharp focus?

Jeffery Smith