Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica, medium format, and good enough
From: Pete Su <psu@kvdpsu.org>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 22:48:29 -0400

I use a Mamiya 6 rangefinder in addition to my 35mm stuff.

What I find is that with the 6x6, I can print 11x14 with Tri-X and the
prints look about as nice as 11x14 prints from ISO 100 35mm film, like
FP4. The comparison isn't exact, but it's close.

I tend to use the big camera for different subjects... cityscapes, stuff
from tripods, night shots, and so on.

It is of course the case that the Mamiya isn't as good in dark places
and with fast subjects. But it certainly holds its down for everything
else, with a nice incremental improvement in print quality.

Pete

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica, medium format, and good enough)