Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Canon S9000inkjet printer at $349 + 10% discound from Dell
From: Paul Chefurka <paul@chefurka.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 10:13:54 -0400

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 09:46:06 -0400, "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com> wrote:

>http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productlisting.asp?customer_id=19&category_id=4
>
>at the same price as the S900.
>There is also a 10% discount, bringing the price to $305,
>which I think is a pretty good deal.  This is the new
>generation of Canon photo inkjet
>printer which has received many posivitive reviews.
>
>Not sure what the price is, internationally.
>
>Sorry for the spam.  Hope some LUGer can use
>this information.
>
>- Phong

I just bought one for $800 Canadian, to replace an Epson 870, and I'm head
over heels in love with it.  The second print I made was a perfect screen
match (to a profiled monitor).  It works perfectly with Epson Luster and
Tetenal 264 Glossy papers.  The colour accuracy and overall print quality
exceed the Epson by a noticeable margin. And boy is it fast!

I was going to wait for the new Epson pigment printer (2100P or 2200P), but
I'm very happy I went the route I did.  Archival stability isn't nearly as
important to me as the gamut of dye inks and print speed.

I've even been able to get good neutral b&w from it using the colour inks,
by converting the image to RGB and adding a colour balance layer in PS.
The prints exhibit none of the metamerism I saw even with my 870 when using
this technique.

This is one seriously hot desktop printer.

Paul