Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica IIIf fast shutter speed dial alignment
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 07:59:47 -0500

If the IIIF is like my IIIG, you can not go by what it is pointing at unless
the shutter is cocked.

You are supposed to set the shutter speed after cocking the camera. When you
cock it, the shutter speed dial will rotate along with the cocking action.
Only then should it be pointing to the correct shutter speed. Otherwise in
the uncocked position it will indeed point to something else that may be at
a 45 degree angle.

If this is how you are already checking, then please disregard this possible
reason for misalignment.

Tom Henson