Subject: RE: [Leica] TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC, WEIRD CRY FOR HELP`
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:43:14 -0400

One pork shoulder - 5-7 lbs. Juice of two limes, 1/4 cup olive oil, two tbs
kosher salt, two tbs fresh ground pepper, two tbs dry oregano, about 12
large cloves garlic, crushed, a couple of bay leaves, crushed. Mush up all
non-pork ingredients. (I used one of those 'wand'-type food processors.)
Make a pocket under the tough skin and put rub the paste in there. Rub the
remaining paste over the roast, wrap it in aluminum foil, or put it in a
ziplock bag. Throw it in the fridge for 24-48 hours....

Pre-heat the oven to 450. Put the roast on a rack in a roasting pan, skin
side up. Put the roast in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. Then turn oven
down to 300-325, put about 1.5 cups of oj and water in the roasting pan,
cover roast and pan with aluminum foil. Roast for 4-5 hours.

Of course I haven't tasted the results yet.

And thanks to Brian, Chandos, Tina, and Pablo for the roasting information.
What I've provided here is a melange of the advice they gave me.;-)

B. D.