Subject: [Leica] Leica Users in Amsterdam: Pictures
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 20:41:18 -0700

 > Sander posted: http://home.planet.nl/~sanderva/luaweb/image13.htm,
 > captioned "Yes, this is the Red LIght District."

OK, guys.  You want Red Light District?  I'll give you Red Light District.

The technical quality of this photo is absolutely abysmal.  However, it
shows the excellent bokeh of which the pre-ASPH 35mm Summicron is
capable.  It was shot from the hip as I walked quickly away from this, er,
establishment, after the, er, proprietress saw me with my camera and came
storming out yelling, "NO PICTURES!"

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/redlight.htm

I do believe it captures the, er, ambience of the place, the gritty urban
realism, the. . . oh, forget it.  :-)

On a more family-friendly note, Nathan's double-child bicycle seat reminded
me of this less than conventional Amsterdam bike rider, also stopped at a
traffic light.  (25mm Skopar)

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/italy/bikedog.htm

Both these shots are from a brief layover in Amsterdam last year.

- --Peter

Replies: Reply from Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Users in Amsterdam: Pictures)
Reply from "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica Users in Amsterdam: Pictures)
Reply from Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica Users in Amsterdam: Pictures)