Subject: [Leica] re: it doesn't always pay to carry a camera
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 11:47:10 -0400

>I don't know what happened here, I'm guessing power lines.
>
>http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/gal2_01.html

problem there geebee is that you're probably using no. 6 shot which doesn't
have the knock down power you need for something as large as a swan. for a
bird of that size you need at LEAST four, (and high brass of course).
personally, i'd use no. 2 or even bb's. i've seen people use #4 buck shot
for large birds as well, but only in america will you see overkill like
that.

now you see, i could easily start a thread now about Browning Citori Over
and Under's that would just take off and last for days.....

(in all seriousness, this leads me to think that a trip down to the local
bird rescue might provide some good photos. and would also no doubt be in
the best interests of the swan.)

kc