Subject: Re: [Leica] new user
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:47:21 -0400

Sorry, but using a very obsolete camera does not - normally - "make you make
better pictures." If using an old LTM Leica rather than a modern camera like
a Bessa R2 is how someone gets his or her jollies, fine. But let's not
mythologize obsolescence.

BTW - About two weeks ago I post a message saying that there is a new book -
and exhibit - of Bert Glinn's Cuban Revolution photos, and that there is a
photo of Glinn with a carbine in hand, draped in Ms .....welllllll....Book
arrived yesterday, and it is wonderful....but when I saw the photo of Glinn,
by Time photographer Gray Vilet, as a full pager, I could see that he is
draped with.....Nikon rangefinders...three that are quite visible, and what
is probably a fourth over a shoulder......;-)

B. D.