Subject: Re: [Leica] This is LUG??
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:44:15 -0700

Mike Murphy of Scotland asked:

>>> Interesting stuff for a first-time LUG user. When does the camera talk
> start?<<<

Michael lad
To answer your question without ticking off a bunch of people... yes on
occasion it gets wild and woolly and ridiculous, as you can see with this
"Pride stuff." which has no relevance to photography nor Leica,  no matter
how hard one tries to stretch it!

Eventually it will go away as most dumb ass things do and life will return
to common sense Leica and photography conversation. But for the moment
seeing yer a new lad, just hang loose and like a very bad nightmare this
silliness will fade like the nightmare it is.

However, you being a lad of Scotland maybe we could start our own little
side conversation regarding one of the very finest things in life.....
Single malt scotch! ;-) What may be yer choice lad?

Now I've opened the scotch topic Michael, you'll see what one might call
screwed up priorities on the LUG when they don't understand drinking fine
single malt is like working with the finest of camera gear........ LEICA!
;-)

Now lets see what happens! ;-) One could take their pick here, which would
you rather discuss pride or fine single malt scotch? Not much of a problem
for me. OH shit now I've done it, they'll finally know I love only single
malt scotch!   Laugh you clowns it's a joke! :-) ;-)

Anyway Mike, welcome to the crew, hang on it gets better as the lads will
soon be by this pride stuff shortly. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Michael J. Murphy" <murchu@ecosse.net> (Re: [Leica] This is LUG??)