Subject: Re: [Leica] OT/ Custom made filters?
From: alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:19:12 -0700

Here is a easy a do-it-yourself idea .  There are several brands of  square
filters that go in filter holders.  such as "Cokin"  "Ambico" and others.
The "Cokin"  size "A" is 67mm and others for 3"x3" gelatine filters.  These
I have used.  And I am sure there are larger sizes made.  Here is the idea.
Buy the filter holder and lens adapter.  Buy  a piece of plexiglass,  or any
plactic that is thin enough to fit in the holder.  Cut it to size,  cut a
hole in the center,  glue on your filter material.  Or just buy a "clear"
filter and  glue on your material.

Another suggestion is to buy a step up ring  much larger than the filter
size, and just glue in your filter material.

If such a home-made job is OK ,,even I would make one up for you.

Or is there something special about the mounting  itself.  Is this for use
on a lens or some light source?

Alex