Subject: [Leica] Excuses, nah! Try psychology.
From: ISILVERMN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:01:38 EDT

Hi all,

Neil Beddoe wrote:

<>

A few years ago, the MR meter on my M4 was starting to give me trouble.  I
mentioned to my wife that maybe it was time I looked into picking up an M6.

Later that afternoon, she walked into the house with a new Luna-Pro F,
commenting that this should "get me a few more good years out of the M4."

Sort of a "pre-emptive strike," if you will.;-)

This same lovely lady has decided its time I invested in a decent film
scanner (not a bad deal - all it really cost was her new Infiniti).  I'm
thinking in terms of the Minolta Dimage Scan Elite II, trying to limit the
cost to under $700 and achieve the highest scan quality possible at that
price.

Does anybody on the LUG have experience with this machine?  Can anyone offer
an alternative to consider?  I'll be running it on a 1.9 GHz P4 with 528 mb
RAM.

Thanks in advance,

Ira Silverman