Subject: Re: [Leica] Asking permission, KISS & the decisive moment
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:50:21 -0400

Ted,

I've heard that there's law like this in Quebec and in France. I just
came from shooting the Canada Grand Prix, and I did lots of people shots
with neither permission nor hassle, though I'll admit I wasn't so bold
as I am on the streets of New York. I'm not particularly unruly, but in
New York I know for a fact that my work is considered protected speech
under the First Amendment. Elsewhere I display my friendly side a little
more openly and no one seems to care.

Gilbert