Subject: RE: [Leica] Great White HOPE
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:58:44 -0500

Jim Jeffries was the first one (boxer). Folks back then were even crass
enough to have "white hope" championships, hoping to find someone to
unseat Jack Johnson.

By the way, I live about 6 blocks from the gymnasium in which Gentleman
Jim Corbett kayoed the first heavyweight champion, thus becoming the
second heavyweight champion.

Anyone from Boston want to venture a guess on who the first heavyweight
champion was?

Jeffery Smith

Has