Subject: Re: [Leica] Asking permission, KISS & the decisive moment
From: "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:56:44 -0700

Brad.....

You are probably correct about the theory of the first amendment... which is
only a THEORY!!!
The problem arises in your points 1 & 2... that ALMOST ANYTHING can be
considered to be "interference" by an over zealous cop. It falls under that
well established and very often used un-written law called, "Contempt of
Cop".

When you get right down to real life.. not fanciful theories like the 1st
amendment... your only have the rights some cop, with his or her high school
understanding of them... allows you to have.

Welcome to the brave and secure new world.
Rights are optional, and not guarenteed.