Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon Scan 3.1.3 for Mac OS X
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:24:55 -0400

- --On Friday, June 14, 2002 8:49 AM -0700 Brian Reid
<reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

> Just now I discovered that a version of Nikon Scan for Mac OS X has been
> available for two weeks. I've only been checking the Nikon Tech website
> about every two weeks because I expected to see mention of it here. I'm
> dreadfully weary of Vuescan, but it's been my only choice.
>
> I'm downloading it now. (http://www.nikontechusa.com/Scan3_13.htm)
>
> Has anybody tried it yet?

Yes, it works as expected but only as a standalone application, not as a
Photoshop plug-in. Nikon promises that functionality "soon". Be sure to
read the README, especially the part about setting color management in
preferences as the setting chosen has some side effects.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.