Subject: Re: [Leica] any thoughts on the Elmar-C 90/4.0 ?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:43:27 -0400

At 07:59 AM 6/16/02 +1000, Alastair Firkin wrote:
>Simply a great travel 90. Compact, sharp, contrasty. I've never had a
>problem focusing with the M series, and its SMALL ;-)
>
>Now the down side. Its not sexy, and its a bit slow, and its so
>small, it doesn't scream LOOK AT ME I'M A TELEPHOTO LENS ;-)

Well, it shouldn't scream that in any event, as it is not a telephoto lens,
but a long-focus lens, being from a time when Leitz felt that telephoto
designs were cheating and that only lesser houses, such as Zeiss, would
resort to such.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!