Subject: Re: [Leica] Mac Computers and Rat Butts
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:42:03 -0400

This is a true story. Several years ago in Newark, NJ, a man captured a
rat in his house and brought it outside to his small garden and killed
it with a shovel. Someone saw him kill the rat and informed the local
animal cruelty organization. An agent came to speak to the man, and
during the course of the conversation arrested him for animal cruelty.
The accused man called one of the New York TV stations and they began an
"investigative report" night after night, causing some embarrassment,
but still, the ever diligent prosecutor did his duty and brought the man
to court. I don't remember how the man was found, but I do remember a
memorable quote. When the prosecutor questioned the man about why he had
not let the captured rat go free and unharmed in a safe location far
away from the man's home, the man became flustered and exclaimed, "But I
wanted to kill the rat!"

Allan