Subject: [Leica] Neopan 1600 - image deterioration over time on unprocessed film?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:25:37 -0400

What can anyone tell me about image deterioration, and what to do about it
(aside from obviously processing shortly after exposure) from not processing
Neopan 1600 (or even Delta 3200) shortly after exposure?  I'm looking for
factual information and/or personal experience as opposed to speculation...
Fuji doesn't mention anything in their data sheet that I could see.

I've never had any noticeable degradation from Tri-X or other B&W films even
processing some 5 years after the shoot!  But it appears that the higher
speed films are affected by delayed processing (like a year later).

Thanks,

Austin

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 - image deterioration over time on unprocessed film?)