Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Mac User and Programmer [extended OT rant]
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:09:05 -0700 (PDT)

Marc, I have worked in IT (Information Technology) and
Communications for 27 years....and acronyms are not
going away.  You may not like them, but those that
invent and build the technology you use to communicate
over the internet, build the computer you are working
with, and the broadband or dialup connection you are
communicating on are going to use them and are not
going to clarify what they mean...they just expect you
to know.  If you don't you will simply be ignored.

I don't say this to sound mean spirited, it is just an
observation on the world of technology. I can
understand why a lawyer would want things spelled out.
 However, in a business where the difference between
winners and losers is typically about how fast you can
get things done, and how quickly you can change
direction acronyms are a way of life...If you really
are interested there are a few books out there that
define some of them.