Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Mac User and Programmer [extended OT rant]
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 20:46:47 -0700

><Snip>
>
> My law practice barely interfaces with "technology":  it could be run by a
> kerosene lamp and without a telephone.  (And, whenever I do hear the
> telephone ring, I assure my secretary that it will be taken out ASAP.  She
> loves telephone calls, while I regard them as horrible things.
>
> In the end, allow me to suggest that we ignore the dictates of any of these
> "technogeeks" and simply choose to spell things out!
>
> Best
>
> Marc

The French used to find it completely unacceptable to make someones
phone ring without advance written permission.
Famous Alpa 12 user Carl Lagerfeld is all for that. And so am I.

I work out of my home so i get annoying calls at night from clients
because they know i am here.
So I just tell people to call before they call.
I find that doesn't do much good. But does slow them up a little.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Mac User and Programmer [extended OT rant])