Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 - image deterioration over time on unprocessed film?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:57:53 -0700

Austin Franklin wrote:

> Mark,
>
> P.S. I am using 150ml (1:1 so 300ml total, XTOL plus water) of XTOL for two
> rolls of 36, so that's 75ml/roll.  That's below the "recommended" dose.
> What has been your experience with that?
>
> Regards,
>
> Austin

I'm at 1:3 as i just posted but now I'm reading this...

with a metal tank and reels each reel gets a quarter of a liter;
250 mls
so at 1:3 like I use that's 62.5 mls of Xtol.   A bit below your 75
mls...  so something funny is going on.

Five liter packet?   glass bottles none kept partially filled?

1:2 with my metal tanks and reels would delelver 83.3 of Xtol
1:1 with my metal tanks and reels would delelver 125 of Xtol

And again it could be the water.  Your's is from your well so mayby
that's a big question mark. You must have some nice filters in there. Up
to date?

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com