Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 - image deterioration over time on unprocessed film?
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:22:15 -0700

Austin:  Have you considered that air dissolved in the water that was used
to mix the developer might partially oxidize it?  Back when I was a
teenager, I noticed that my Dektol didn't turn brown in storage as quickly
as one of my friend's.  We both lived in the same town, with the same
water.  It turned out that he mixed his developer at his kitchen sink,
which had an aerator.  I mixed mine at my laundry room sink, which didn't.

Distilled water would eliminate this possibility, as well as any other
Vitamin C-killling chemicals in your local water supply.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA