Subject: RE: [Leica] Neopan 1600 - image deterioration over time on unprocessed film?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:57:01 -0400

Hi Peter,

I have well water, but...your idea may be right on the money.  The water IS
quite aerated...  And if that does cause deterioration of XTOL (never had
ANY problems with D-76, and I've been here for 15 years now!) that surely
could be the problem.

The developer is slightly colored, more "yellow" than brown...

Regards,

Austin