Subject: [Leica] Leica repair in London
From: John Pakington <johnnie@bbpr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:29:30 +0100

Sylvain,
Classic Camera, near the British Museum in central London are very good. I'm
not sure where their technician is but they reckon on a turnaround of about
3 weeks for M6s they are:
The Classic Camera, 2 Pied Bull Yard (off Bury Place) London. WC1A 2JR
Opening hours:
Monday-Friday 9.30a.m-5.30p.m
Saturday 10a.m-4.30p.m
Telephone 0207 831 0777
Mind you I think that the people who sold it to you should rectify it for
free
Regards,
Johnnie

Sylvain wrote:
I am new to Leica and to this forum.
I recently bought a used M6TTL, and it's great... except that it went
through 3 batteries since I got it (two weeks ago). I'm talking about the 3
Volt Lithium (DL1-3N).

The best example is that I put a new battery in last night and switched the
camera off (shutter uncocked). This morning, the meter is dead.

Does anyone know what's happening ? Where can I get it fixed ? (I'm
UK-based).

Johnnie Pakington
Camden
London