Subject: Re: [Leica] 0.85 v 0.72 or 0.58
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:47:28 -0600

I think it would be best for you to try each finder magnification
yourself. It is a very personal choice and one person's pleasure is
another's pain. I like my 0.58x a great deal and it has become my main
camera. As you do occasionally use a 135mm lens, you might want to go to
the 0.72x as the 0.58x does not have any 135mm framelines.

It is possible to switch finders and the cost is around $600 or so in
$US but the 0.58x finder is not available as a spare part yet. One
enterprising Leica-User bought an 0.58x camera and had all the bits
transplanted to his camera (a BP millennium). He then sold the donor,
now a 0.72x TTL. This is probably the least expensive way to go.

John Collier