Subject: [Leica] Eyeglasses and diopter adjustment lenses
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:34:54 -0700

This past day or so, someone answered a question about the use of diopter
correction lenses with an M.  The response said that you should match the
READING prescription..... could I please get a confirmation of this fact?

I have tried several times to get my Hassy with a diopter adjustment lens,
without success... I was trying to match my long distance perscription....
With that luck, I never tried to get my Leica to work correctly through my
glasses using add on diopters.....

I happened to be looking through a Voigtlander finder, and needed to move my
eye to the point that I was looking through the reading perscription to get
all in focus....  This brought up my question about trying to match the
reading perscription to get my eyeballs to be in focus through one of these
"fancy" Leica cameras.....

Frank Filippone...........over 40, way over 40.
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Eyeglasses and diopter adjustment lenses)