Subject: [Leica] High Sierra
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:24:42 -0700

Frank wrote:

"I'm getting really weird... The B+W shots are my favorites......   Here in
the land of saturated color, the B+W shots seem to glow to me especially
brightly.....

Excellent work..... makes me relax just looking at them......

Did you use a tripod ( rock or other steadying device) at all?"

Thanks, Frank, for your comments. I did use a tripod. B&W is my favorite
medium, too.
Because previous b&w images made in the Little Lakes Valley (average
elevation 10,600 ft) did not show sufficient separation of tonalities I
decided to experiment with color on this hike. Ruby Lake (11,121 ft) and the
pond are true b&w subjects.
I have been to these places before with my Hasselblad but at 73 I'm no
longer comfortable hauling that much weight into the high country.
Oliver Bryk

Norton AntiVirus scans all my outgoing e-mail.