Subject: [Leica] shall I bother? was 0.85 v 0.72 etc
From: "sandy sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 22:56:23 +0100

Shall I bother explaining that my email was nothing more than a heart felt
thank you to those who helped with my problem? -  and all the others whose
inspiration and comments have kept me taking at least some photos over the
past couple of years - NAH!!!

Shall I bother explaining about the arthritis in my jaw that makes any
prolonged tension on the bits that drive my jaw joint 'somewhat of a
nuisance'? -  which was what screwing up my eye to peer through an M6 v/f
was doing (to the extent that I no longer enjoyed using the camera) -
NAH!!!!

Shall I bother explaining that I.am fully aware that an F5 is relatively
heavy - which is why ( together with the above problem) that I dont flaunt
it round my neck but either tuck it under an armpit on a shoulder strap or
carry it in a backpack until I want to hold its nicely balnced body by that
integral handgrip which just fits my hand sooo comfortably?  - NAH!!!!!!

Shall  I bother explaining that I already had access to a range of Nikon MF
and  AF equipment (including an F100)?-  NAH!!!!!

Shall I bother explaining that part exchanging  my M6 and lenses left me
with only a minimal amount to pay  for the (almost new) F5 and a similar
(reasonably new and latest spec.)range of lenses ? -  NAH!!!!!!

Shall I bother explaining that I took the decision that taking any photos
was better than taking none - which was were I was ending up with the M6? -
NAH!!!!

Shall I bother explaining that with an F100 I took more, properly exposed
and properly focussed pictures on a recent ten day holiday than I've taken
in the last year with the M6 (and enjoyed taking them!)? -  NAH!!!!!!

Shall I bother explaining to Mark that Nikon don't make white lenses (its'
those nasty tacky Canon plastic thingies that have those)? - NAH!!!!!!

Shall I bother with any more?  Shall I bother saying to the sad cases on the
LUG "for heavens sake lighten up!"

Shall I bother asking which, out of mine or Marks post,  was more like a
troll? - NAH!!!!!

Shall I bother saying  that the pointless and unwarranted abuse and
misinterpretation of a genuine thank you has made me extremely glad that I
no longer need have anything to do with Leica users who think theirs is the
only true path? - YES ; YES: and thrice YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Sandy Sanbrook

p.s. N0 -  I haven't unsubscribed yet!!!